This program introduces students to the skills and knowledge required to compete for entry-level positions in the fastest growing segment of the media field – the video game industry. Course work includes the fundamentals of game design, the elements of storytelling for digital media, graphic design, creative writing, digital video editing and multimedia content creation. Through the selection of elective tracks, students can focus their studies on animation, illustration, film and video or photography. Students are required to work with their faculty advisor regarding appropriate track options and course selection suitable to their needs and interests.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate orally and in writing in college level discourse
- State the importance of committing to a process of life-long learning
- Identify the fundamental process and sequence involved in the design of games
- Describe the different roles and responsibilities of the game design team members
- Relate the historical development of storytelling
- Employ the elements of good storytelling
- Demonstrate the essential skills of multimedia development, graphic arts design and video editing for gaming applications
- Discuss the elements of game logic, game balance and the importance of challenge and reward milestones.
Other Communications Degrees Include:
- Audio Production
- Public Relations