Game Design Development is a comprehensive two-year program leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree. The program introduces students to a variety of animation, programming and gaming concepts. Students learn the concepts of 3D graphics, particle systems, rendering, collision detection, and game algorithms. Students also gain an understanding of the connection between game design with physics and mathematics. For better design, students are also required to successfully complete fine arts and creative writing courses. The program provides students with the skills necessary for entry-level positions in the game design and animation and game development industry.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Define game design terminology.
- Discuss the role of intellectual property, copyright, trademarks and patents in gaming.
- Demonstrate animation techniques in game design development.
- Apply the skills and concepts utilized in the game design industry including time management skills.
- Design storyboards and prototypes for specific game design concepts.
- Design and create complete 2D and 3D game assets to interactive games.
- Communicate effectively in writing, verbal and electronic formats.