Technology Support Specialist
The Help Desk Program is a comprehensive two-year program leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree. The program will provide students with the skills necessary to enter one of the fastest growing occupations. As technology increases in complexity so will the demand for educating well-trained personnel. The help desk has become and will continue to be an integral element of most business organizations. A good help desk person needs specific technical skills as well as communication, customer service, and people skills.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
Search for courses in the online course catalog.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of current computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Internet and Web technologies.
- State and apply basic troubleshooting techniques.
- Communicate effectively in writing, verbally and electronic formats.
- Students will state their ethical responsibilities in the Help Desk field.