Option offered through the Liberal Arts
Sociology is the scientific study of human society and social interaction. This program helps students understand and use sociological tools and insights to work effectively in a diverse society. The program is for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution and major in Sociology or other related fields.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Identify basic sociological concepts and theories.
- Describe and explain social, cultural and global variations
- Apply sociological theories to the analysis of social institutions that influence human behavior.
- Analyze sociological problems and generate solutions.
- Evaluate methods used in sociological research and assess a published report.
- Incorporate sociological knowledge and research findings into written and oral presentations.
Search for courses in the online course catalog.