The program at UCC has a solid foundation of business, computers, and liberal arts courses. This permits more options with the greatest potential for professional development in terms of job responsibilities and monetary compensation. It provides students with opportunities to develop what most business employers perceive as entry-level skills (e.g., public speaking, writing for business, and general economics). It also introduces students to financial accounting, marketing, and legal issues applicable to the industry.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
Search for courses in the online course catalog.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to locate, understand and resolve issues.
- Explore and understand the diverse societal issues involved in sport management.
- Develop interpersonal and communications skills necessary to function effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to use sport technology.
- Understand and explain how sport has impacted local, national, and international issues.
- Examine the value of collaborative work in the contemporary sport management environment.
- Apply knowledge of the aspects of finance, human resources, marketing, legal issues, and budgeting that are integral to sport management.
- Develop and improve professionalism and work ethics.
- Investigate the possible careers available in this field.