Contact Information: In case of emergency, Dail 911
For issues of public safety or to report a campus emergency please inform the Department of Public Safety at:
- Cranford Campus - (908) 709-7152
- Elizabeth Campus - (908) 965-6070
- Plainfield Campus - (908) 412-3595
- Public Safety Emergency Line - (908) 709-0268
The Department of Public Safety has the following responsibilities:
- Protect the lives and safety of all individuals within the College property.
- Safeguard College and personal property from theft, damage, vandalism, or misuse.
- Prevent or control crime on campus.
- Investigate crime on campus, apprehending offenders when possible and recovering stolen property.
- Preserve peace and resolve conflicts on campus.
- Provide an immediate response to emergencies and to all persons requiring aid on campus.
- Enforce College policies, rules, and procedures.
- Advance cooperative relationships within the College community and contribute to its public-relations program.
Illness or injuries due to accidents which occur on campus or during a College-connected activity are to be reported immediately to the Department of Public Safety on the campus where they occur. If it is not possible to make an immediate report, one should be made before 48 hours have elapsed. All students are covered under the College's student accident insurance plan.
Public Safety Guide 2012-2013
Anyone wishing to Opt-in to the Union County College Emergency Notification System (Regroup) to receive alert messages must sign up at the following hyper link: https://ucc.regroup.com/signup
Once completed the new member must confirm their Regroup account via the confirmation email sent to the email address entered during the sign up process.
Once the confirmation process is complete, the new member can login to their Regroup account add a phone number for text and voice message alerts from Regroup, or change what type of notifications they receive. Click here for information concerning the emergency notification system.Clery Act
In compliance with the Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act , crime statistics are reported to the U.S. Department of Education and are available online at http://ope.ed.gov/security/. In compliance with the Federal Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act and relevant New Jersey Law, information regarding the enrollment of convicted sex offenders is available from the Union County College Department of Public Safety.