STEPS TO APPLY TO THE INSTITUTE FOR INTENSIVE ENGLISH (ESL CLASSES)
1. Fill out a College Application in the Admissions Office, Rm. 114, Elizabeth Campus, or at the Cranford or Plainfield Campuses. (All students over 18 years of age are eligible to take courses at UCC.)
2. Fill out a Financial Aid application on-line if you want to apply for grants, loans or scholarships. (Students applying for Financial Aid need a High School diploma from their native country or the US or a GED)
3. Come in for an ESL Interview (Bring a testing letter and call for interview dates.)
4. Take an ESL test (which places you into an ESL level)
5. Register for ESL classes (payment is due at time of registration)
F1 Visa Students – Please contact Ms. Martha Redondo (firstname.lastname@example.org
) at the Elizabeth Campus or Mr. Paul Belmonte (email@example.com
) at the Cranford Campus for application process.
The ESL program is a full-time program. We offer six levels of ESL. Each level lasts one semester (approx. 16 weeks) for Spring and Fall.Classes are 12 hours a week, about 3 hours a day, and usually 4 times a week. *The cost is about $1,900 per semester for Union County residents and double for Out of County. Advanced level students may register part-time.
Elizabeth Campus – morning and evening courses and all levels of ESL
Morning classes begin at 8 am and 11 am
Evening classes begin at 4:50 pm and 7:35 pm
Late start classes on the Elizabeth Campus begin February 2, 2012
Morning classes begin at 8AM and Evening Classes begin at 6:45 PM.
Plainfield Campus – ESL evening courses available from 7:10PM – 10 pm.
Cranford Campus – advanced ESL courses only, days and evenings.
Financial Information: (Fill out a Financial Aid application on-line) http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
If you have further questions, please contact the IIE office at 908-965-6031 or stop by the Elizabeth campus in Rm. E-414.
*All fees are subject to change