What is the Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program? For over 40 years, the EOF program has provided students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds an opportunity to pursue a college degree. Created by statute in 1968, EOF has provided academic, financial, and social support to thousands of students. The Program is geared toward students who:
For more general information about the State of New Jersey Department of Higher Education Educational Opportunity Fund program please visit the official state website at: www.nj.gov/highereducation/EOF/EOF_Description.shtml
- Have the potential to do college level work
- Were academically under-prepared in high school
- Have a history of financial disadvantage
Services and Benefits to Students
- Comprehensive summer orientation for first year students
- Personal, Academic and Career Advisement
- Academic Support through tutoring and supplemental instruction
- Opportunity to join the Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society
- An additional financial aid grant of $100-$525 a semester
- Leadership Activities
How can I apply? Priority for acceptance into the EOF program is given to first-time, full-time college students who attend an EOF Summer Program session. Space in EOF and each session is limited so interested students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information about the 2016 EOF Summer Program, please click here.
Pending overall program space availability, applications will be available in the beginning of the school year for EOF Transfer Students, currently enrolled Union County College students and first time college students who did not attend an EOF Summer Program Session. Applications for the 2016-17 academic year for non-summer program participants will be available on the Owl’s Nest beginning August 2017 under Student Development > Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF).
Submit an “Interest Form” for More Informati