Whether you are contemplating a career change, just discovering you want to teach, or looking to fulfill a lifelong dream - New Pathways to teaching in New Jersey (NPTNJ) could be the way you get there. This is an 11-month program (evening classes only) that satisfies the 200 hours of teaching preparation coursework required of Alternate Route candidates by the NJ Department of Education. The courses are graduate level, and the program can be taken for credit or non-credit.
How does the program work?
The program is divided into 2 stages:
Stage 1: (4 credits) incorporate classroom management techniques, lesson planning and on-site classroom observations.
Stage 2: (11 credits) provides other coursework essential for the development of excellent teachers. You must secure a provisional teaching job by stage 2 to continue in the program.
What are the Requirements to Apply?
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major in or closely related to the intended teaching field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate studies or the highest degree earned.
- A passing score on the Praxis II content area exam in the field in which you intend to teach.
- Certificate of Eligibility issued by the state of NJ.
- A full-time teaching position by September.
For More Information:
Main office # (908) 709 - 7600